The Rhubarb & Hare Autumn Edit-
Whether Autumn for you is all about the bright blue skies with a nip in the air, or the blackberry picking, or the stomping through muddy fields in leaf-strewn wellies, or the conker collecting ( I still get a great sense of joy as a shiny brown conker pops out of its spiky green jacket) one thing most of us enjoy is the cosying up at home, tucked up under warm throws amid the soft, warm glow of a candle.
Whatever you love about the season, here are the Rhubarb & Hare Top 5 Picks to help your Autumn bring you as much joy as possible.
1. Candles are a must for me at any time of year, but they particularly come into their own as dusk arrives earlier and earlier. This Wild Fig & Saffron candle is the perfect autumnal candle, with its brown glass and it’s deliciously subtle and relaxing scent of sweet wild figs against the spice of saffron which manages to be both zesty and relaxing.
2. If you’re a staunch believer that fairy lights are just for Christmas then look away now. I adore these beautiful lights. Each delicate paper flower has been handmade using high quality sustainable papers. With 10 x LED lights, they will give any room a soothing and gentle soft glow.
3. I don’t know about you but the hot chocolate has already come out at Rhubarb Cottage and it is now my daily treat on a chilly day. I always love to use a special mug for this and they don’t come much more special than these Barton Croft mugs – designed to be tactile, the handle is large enough to give it a lovely hug as you warm your hands around it.
4. Autumn Evenings are all about getting cosy on the sofa with a soft throw and snuggling up amidst a bank of cushions. The perfect cushion needs to be soft yet supportive and if that cushion is made by Catkin & Olive in Peony & Sage’s chunky linen and has pom poms on it, well then we are talking absolute bliss.
5. This beautiful foraging illustration from Devon based textile designer and print maker Isla Middleton is the perfect seasonal wall art for your home. The Autumn edition has a selection of seasonal favourites - all numbered with names included at the bottom of the print. Printed with vegetable based, vegan inks on slightly textural grey recycled paper this beauty will give you continual joy through Autumn and beyond.